Skip to main content

How can I file a civil suit against dcf in florida

Lake City, FL |

My daughter was removed by dcf because of accusations by my now ex-wife. Court case proved my innocence. Dcf still has my child after 8 months in foster care. They will not place with a relative. Mother is unfit and does not want her. I have had no visitation since she was removed from me. Judge ordered re-unification three months ago, dcf or partnership has not done anything. Gal notified my attorney child was being moved to different foster care because she was sexuallly abused in the one they had her in. Where can I find an attorney to go against Dcf and agencies involved on a civil suit in Florida on a CONSTINGENCY FEE BASIS. I have paid my attorney over 15,000 and still owe him more and still fighting dcf in court. Judge is bias and is not even enforcing his decisions.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You need to seek an emergency court order compelling DCF to immediately return your daughter to your custody. I am very sorry to hear about your situation-- this is absolutely terrible.

    I am not aware of any private practice attorney who would be willing to take this type of matter on a contingency fee, but you may be able to get help from Legal Aid. If the court already ordered reunifiation, then you should be able to compel DCF to abide by that order.

    My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

  2. I agree - it's difficult to sue government agencies, and it will be hard to find someone to take on a contingency basis. However, you may be able to sue the foster care (parents or group home) on her behalf. You should call around.

    Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation.

Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics