Skip to main content

How can i fight this citation ?

Hollywood, FL |

receive a citation and the cop stated i was doing 91 on a 55 in construction zone , there were no one on site in the zone , and traffic was heavy due to condition of the road .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Given the speed alleged and the fine amount at stake, I would absolutely retain a local attorney to handle the citation for you. Also be aware that because you were cited for driving more than 30 mph over the speed limit, your appearance in court is mandatory unless an attorney appears on your behalf.


Your going to need to lawyer up. Due to the speed this is considered traffic criminal.

Our office number is 561.266.9056. If you liked our response kindly vote it up. Thank You....Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

Eric Joseph Dirga

Eric Joseph Dirga


Actually it is not criminal. It just requires a court appearance from you or, if you hire a lawyer, your lawyer.


It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] I am licensed to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue

Matisyahu Wolfberg
NY Traffic Ticket Defense Attorney


Correct. Your first issue is that it's going to be a mandatory court date because you were also cited for +30 mph. Unless you plan going to court yourself, you must retain counsel for representation and s/he can handle the hearing date in your place. A local attorney is best because s/he will know how the judge feels about +30 cases and work out a resolution to mitigate the ticket.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer