Skip to main content

How can i fight for child support without a lawyer yet not allow the father to get visitation rights without me being present?

Riverside, CA |

He has not been there as much as he should since he was born. He has not paid anything. He is into partying and some drugs. His life seems more important than his son's. He does not call to ask how he is. I have given him many chances. he works full time. he has paid some stuff but only when he was born. when asked to buy his some things he said "we will just go to court"

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You can seek help with child support from the Dept of Family and Child Services, a County agency.

    You did not provide in your question enough facts to answer you about an order for "supervised" visitation; but if you can provide more facts about
    "drugs" and "partying" you have grounds for supervised visitation and/or court ordered drug testing.

  2. Contact is the Riverside County Department of Child Support Services. Here is the link to their website: They don't deal with custody/visitation at all, but they will assist you in establishing and enforcing a child support order.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics