How can I fight a parking ticket?

Clinton, MD |

Recently, I received two notices in the mail on the same day stating that because I failed to pay a fine in the alloted time for parking against the flow of traffic (in front of my home) the fine had doubled.
I wouldn't balk at paying the ticket but I never knew I was cited at all until I received the notices. I called the traffic bureau and was told I had to arrange a court date. If I go to court, and win, I would lose money because I had to take a day off of work. If I lost, I would probably have to pay the $100 plus the court cost, and there isn't any adjudication by mail. How can I get justice?

Sometimes justice is expensive. A parking ticket does not carry points in most jurisdictions and does not tax your insurance. However, if you want to get out of it, you have no shot other than to appear and contest the case. Good luck.