Skip to main content

How Can I extended my I - 94 ?

Los Angeles, CA |

I have the L1 Visa and expires until January 2015, however my I-94 was given until October 2013 since my passport would expired by that date.
I got my new passport!! Thanks

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    By either filing an application to extend your L-1 status in the US with USCIS CSC or by traveling abroad (anywhere except Mexico or Canada), remaining outside for at least 5 days and coming back on your still valid L-1 visa stamp on your passport.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Your employer can file an extension or you can leave the US and reenter on your new passport in conjunction with a valid visa.

  3. I agree with my colleagues

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104