Skip to main content

How can i expunge my misdemeanor record in florida?

Miami, FL |

i was arrested in 2008 in florida.but my case was dimissed in thinking to expunge my record to apply for can i do that by myself?? or do i need a lawyer?thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you go to the Florida department of law enforcement website, they have step by step instructions on how to complete the process. It is a multi step process that can be time consuming. If you follow their instructions, you can probably do it yourself. If you feel you are not up to the challenge, call around as lawyers can usually assistant you for a relatively low fee. Just so you know, there are costs involved either way. Good luck. Feel free to call should you need additional assistance.

Please note that an attorney-client relationship is not created by attorney Shlomi Presser answering questions on this website. For additional legal advice or information, please contact the attorney so that he can better assist you with your legal issues.


You are eligible for an expunction, so long as you have no other convictions for anything else. Many people think that as long as the charge was dropped, they can have it expunged. This is incorrect. If you have ANY conviction for ANY criminal offense at any time in your life, you will not be able to have any charge expunged.

If you qualify for an expunction, you can try and follow the steps laid out on the FDLE website but it would make for a much smoother process if you retain an attorney to assist you. Good luck!

Karen J Tufte

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer