How can I expedite my divorce?

Asked 6 months ago - Bronx, NY

I've been separated for 3 years and going through this divorce the entire time. Finally, the final paperwork has been filed, but I'm engaged and I'm trying to plan my wedding. Is there any way to get my divorce finalized sooner? What's the extra cost?

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

5

Answered . A motion to expedite is not expensive. But it may not be granted....

2. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

4

Answered . You may be able to file a motion to expedite based upon your desire to remarry quickly, but in most instances, you will not jump to the front of the line unless there are truly emergent circumstances. The attorney who handled your divorce should be able to file this motion for you.

3. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

4

Answered . You really can't because everyone wants an expedited divorce.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Motion cost would be $45 but unlikely to be granted.

5. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

Answered . You would need to file an order to show cause showing the wedding date's already set & the reception booked. If it's not, then the Court most likely won't expedite the case. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Bronx Divorce attorney.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.