How can I establish residency at a friend's house (who lives in another state) if I am 18 and still in high school?

Asked 10 months ago - Lake Mary, FL

I am a senior in high school who just turned 18. My parents recently moved from Georgia to Florida about a month ago, and my school here is terrible and I am quite homesick. So, my parents have agreed to let me live with my best friend and her family (who also agreed to take me in) who live back in Georgia so I can finish out my senior year at my old school. My question is, how exactly would I go about establishing residency at my friend's address so that I can obtain a GA license and tags and get registered for school there? Are there any documents we would need to sign, does a court need to be involved, and how much would it cost?

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

4

Answered . You are 18. You are an adult. I would recommend you attempt to find out the requirements needed for obtaining a Georgia driver's license and what documents you need to show.

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . Contact GA DMV or go online....should be there..

3. Carin Manders Constantine

3

Answered . Once you actually live back in Georgia, you can use that address to obtain a driver's license.