How can I erase or hide my misdeminor charges off my record.

Asked over 1 year ago - Delray Beach, FL

I was 18 or 19 years old when I committed two minor crimes. One was the possession of marijuana under 20 grams and the other is retail theft. Even though i was not a minor, both were written up as juvenial arrest. These two minor infraction have hurt my career path.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nick Jay Dorsten

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you committed both these crimes at the same time and you were not convicted of either you should be eligible to seal them. Consult a local criminal defense lawyer to get more information.
    Good luck,

  2. Malik W. Ahmad

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You cannot hide, they are part of the public record for everyone to see. You should hire a local attorney who can do either expungement or sealing of record. No big deal, it is a simple legal work which should cost you only few hundred dollar but only if you had qualified the statutory time period.

    Only see a licensed attorney before you make any decision. This answer may not be perfect in any given situation.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,701 answers this week

3,179 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,701 answers this week

3,179 attorneys answering