How can I enter USA after being deported without criminal record?

Asked over 4 years ago - Houston, TX

I was detained at the border. My immigration case in Canada was denied, so they sent me back to USA because I lived in USA under my parents H1 visa. I left before the visa expired, so i was never illegal in the USA. I was in put into proceedings while in detention. My asylum was denied and i was deported with 10 year ban back to my home country. I have a brother in the USA.

My questions for your guys are:
How can i enter the usa?
What wavier do i need to file?
What are my chances?

Please help me out with any information!
Thank You

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nikiki Tavia Bogle

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Were you deported from the U.S. or Canada? If you were deported from the U.S. and have a 10 year ban, when did it occur? What were the reasons for deportation?

    I would need more information to answer your questions.

    Our law firm has handled successful waiver petitions. If you have any further immigration questions, contact our law firm for a confidential consultation.

    Good luck.

    Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq.

    Immigration Legal Team
    Bogle & Chang LLC
    Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
    Serving Immigration Clients in All 50 States and Foreign Countries

  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Waivers are not only very complicated and tedious to prepare, they are difficult to obtain.
    It would be unwise to attempt to file this on your own without the services of an immigration lawyer.
    Additionally your question does not specify the country of deportation.
    If from the US and your brother is the only qualifying relative you have, you are out of luck.
    If as you mention you did not overstay your welcome in the US, why do you need a visa to reenter.
    You are welcome to contact me via the link provided below to assess your case if you so wish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,908 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,908 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering