How can I enforce pendente lite order .

Asked over 1 year ago - Sicklerville, NJ

I had hearing on Monday, and entered a consent agreement before the court with my husband for child support and alimony. However he has yet to comply ( he is not paying the full amount or supplying the information I need to pay the bill plus commission information.- which were oart if the order the judge approved) I have an attorney and so does he but his side is unresponsive. What should I expect?

1. Thomas S. Durst

Pro

3

1

Answered . If you have a consent order, then you will need to file an enforcement motion with the court in which you provide a copy of the order and an explanation as to how your spouse is not abiding by its terms. Your attoreny should be handling this for you.

2. Kenneth A White

Pro

2

1

Answered . If you are currently represented by an attorney that attorney really should be addressing this for you. The bottom line, if a party fails to comply with the terms of an Order and you wish for such terms to be complied with you need to file a Motion with the court seeking (1) To hold the other party in contempt of court and/or violation of litigant's rights; (2) To secure enforcement; etc...

Kenneth A. White, Esq.
    New Jersey Family Law Attorney

3. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

2

Answered . Your attorney can file an enforcement motion and ask for sanctions for failure to comply.

4. Rudolph Joseph Federici

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

5. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . You can expect an enforcement action to occur shortly.