Skip to main content

How can I enforce a divorce settlement and potentially garnish his wages in washington state?

Spokane, WA |

The settlement is just a settlement, it is not for alimony or child support. What forms do I file with the court? I want to do this pro se...

I actually am an attorney (not licensed in WA and this is not my practice area...) and I was hoping to do this pro se, as I believe once I know what the proper forms are, I can do this on my own. I have read conflicting information in the statutes and am confused as to whether I need to file a motion to enforce, or some kind of contempt motion... Does anyone know the correct process?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Books have been written on this subject. You should consult with an experienced attorney re enforcement of the property settlement.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this answer is general in nature, may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question, and may be different in the State where the facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer