How can I divorce with alimony?

Asked 8 months ago - Miami, FL

I have been married 20 years and My husband is disrespectful to me, dirty text messages with other women about sex, excessively drinking wherein he can't perform in bed. Asking young girls to have
his baby. Always using profanity in every conversation. He blame me for everything bad that happens.

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

10

Answered . You need to file for divorce and request alimony.

Consult with a local and experienced family law attorney to represent you.

2. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

6

Answered . File a petition for dissolution of marriage and request spousal support. Spousal support can be requested on a temporary or permanent basis. It would be best to consult a local attorney.

3. Christian Daniel Smed

6

Answered . Contacting a lawyer would give your more information on your rights and options.

4. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to help you with this. Obviously, he is not changing after 20 years. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

5. Lee Alan Thompson

6

Answered . As stated by one of the better Florida attorneys on the site, get an attorney, file for divorce and by motion ask for temporary and permanent alimony in your complaint.

6. Eunice Gedeon

4

Answered . To divorce your husband and get alimony you will need to file a divorce petition and request alimony. You should seek advice from an attorney that handles divorce/family law.

Here is a brief summary of what the court looks at to decide if one qualify for alimony.
    To obtain Alimony, the FIRST THING you will need to show is:
    1. You have a NEED for alimony
    2. Your husband has the ability to PAY alimony

SECOND:
    Then, the court will decide what type of Alimony you qualify for depending on the situation in your case.

THIRD: the court will look at several things, including (this is not a complete list):
    1. How long you have been married
    2. Education Levels
    3. What was contributed to the marriage- (Ex: Raising children, Homemaking, career sacrifices
    4. Age, physical and emotional condition of each person.

This response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This response does not constitute legal advice.
  7. Richard Scott Chizever

Pro

3

Answered . Get out and start your life over. Check out my website where I discuss your issues and have links to the relevant statutes. You need to hire an attorney especially if you are seeking spousal support and have 20 years worth of marital assets and liabilities. Also, if your husband has been using marital assets for his affairs, you are entitled to half of that dissipation. Again, you need to hire an attorney. Most likely the fees will come out of your marital assets but that's another conversation. I only write that so you know that an attorney is affordable. Please feel free to call myself or a colleague. You need our help.