How can i dispute things that been on my credit for over ten years.

Asked over 1 year ago - Desoto, TX

i looked at my credit report and i see that companies from over ten years ago have re-entered they can i dispute them.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Register on line with the credit reporting agencies and then start to dispute the information in the report. Very easy as long as you have email and computer.

  2. Dorothy G Bunce


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Filing a dispute is just as simple as following the instructions on the credit report. Either make your dispute in writing or make it on the credit bureau website. Hope this perspective helps!

  3. Amy Lavonne Wells

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Great questions. Additional information is necessary with respect to the age of the tradelines. At first blush, it sounds like some of this information must be removed based upon age. Here is a link to how long information may remain on your report under federal law:

    And here is a link with instructions on how to dispute errors or outdated information on your report:

    All the best to you!

    NOTE: This Answer does not constitute legal advice. Every case is fact specific. To render a legal opinion, an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,360 answers this week

3,280 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,360 answers this week

3,280 attorneys answering