How can I delay a "Writ" of eviction in the state of MI?

Grand Rapids, MI |

Landlord is filing the WRIT in the morning and says Ill have 24hrs to vacate. There HAS to be a way postpone this!

If you mean that there was already a judgment against you for possession, the ten days have expired and not the sheriff is going to put your stuff out, no -- the only delay you can get has to do with how many things the court officer has to do that morning.

If the court has not yet ordered you out, the landlord is just blowing smoke -- it will take two more weeks to get you out, at least.

So far, I have seen you asked this question at least 3 times. I am beginning to understand why you could not find time to pack up and move. I doubt the judge will disagree with me. Get off the internet and start packing. You are moving whether you like it or not.

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.