How can I delay a "Writ" of eviction in the state of MI?

Asked over 2 years ago - Grand Rapids, MI

Landlord is filing the WRIT in the morning and says Ill have 24hrs to vacate. There HAS to be a way postpone this!

1. Ezra N. Goldman

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you mean that there was already a judgment against you for possession, the ten days have expired and not the sheriff is going to put your stuff out, no -- the only delay you can get has to do with how many things the court officer has to do that morning.

If the court has not yet ordered you out, the landlord is just blowing smoke -- it will take two more weeks to get you out, at least.

2. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

Answered . So far, I have seen you asked this question at least 3 times. I am beginning to understand why you could not find time to pack up and move. I doubt the judge will disagree with me. Get off the internet and start packing. You are moving whether you like it or not.