Skip to main content

How can I contest a cell phone ticket? Unfair ticket!

La Mirada, CA |

I was stopped In La Mirada, when police office pulled me over to give me a cell phone ticket. When the real truth was that my mother, while in the car had her elbow on my center consul, with her hand and cell pone in the air. The officer thought it was me, gave me a ticket. What can I do to contest this UNFAIR TICKET?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can go to your first court date and request a trial. This will be a trial in front of a judge, not a jury. The officer will testify, then you will have a chance to tell your story; you should also take your mother along as a witness.

    I would strongly suggest that you invest twenty bucks in a copy of Fight Your Ticket and Win in California, published by Nolo Press. It's a very good guide to traffic court.

  2. I have heard great things about that pamphlet as well. I agree with what Mr. Marshall said above and wanted to add that you should also bring your mother to court as a witness to testify on your behalf.

    Good luck!

  3. The responses given are precise. Bring your mother to court and have her testify. You may consider hiring a traffic ticket attorney.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics