How can i come usa

based on Reentry Permits and Refugee Travel Documents can you help review my documents and determine whether or not iam qualified as a returning resident Iam not a U.S. citizen my refugee travel document was only vaild one year now it is pass alomst 4years it was stolen and have no more money can i be able to return to the United States if my Refugee Travel Documents expierd

Minneapolis, MN -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Outing, MN

This appears to be a repeat question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

If you are/were admitted as a refugee, left the USA on a Refugee Travel Document before getting residency, remained out of the USA for almost four years, and want to return to the USA, you have a whole heap of issues and are not going to get the answers you need on a forum such as this. Even if you were granted residency prior to departing, you still have serious issues. You are in desperate need of real legal advice from an experienced immigration attorney (preferable one that specializes in refugee/asylee issues).

Kristina A. Gasson

Kristina A. Gasson

Immigration Attorney - Medford, MA

It sounds like you have a host of issues here that require the help of an experienced immigration attorney. You may have lost your green card due to remaining outside the US too long. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.