Skip to main content

How can I collect money owed from a family member

Aubrey, TX |

I family member owes me money and is unwilling to pay. Do I have any recourse

already went to court in november and she was told that she had to pay me my money back

Attorney Answers 1


Of course you do. Family member or not, contract is a contract. Assuming you do have a contract or can prove one existed otherwise, you can file against him/her. Depending on the sum involved, you can file either in small claims court or even the "regular" county court.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful