How can I claim my dad who died social security?

Asked about 4 years ago - Carrollton, GA

My dad passed away last year. My mom looked up his social security number and he died and no one has claimed his social security. He never game my mom the child support I was supposed to get and my mom said that I deserve all the ss money since im in college now. Please help me

Additional information

I'm 20

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ruthann P. Lacey

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Survivor benefits are limited to surviving spouses and minor children. See for more information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,574 answers this week

3,179 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,574 answers this week

3,179 attorneys answering