How can I claim a debt?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I borrowed money with the anticipation of paying it back. The person I borrowed it from used a credit card to give me the funds with the expectation that the funds would be returned prior to having to pay increased interest rates. Is there a way via a Court complaint that I can assume the credit card debt releiving her of this burden and debt and placing it on entirely on me? If so, then how do I go about doing this. As such, it would make life much easier for me.

1. Richard Scott Lysle

5

Answered . The credit card company lent the money to her, based upon her credit and her promise to repay. The credit card company did not loan the money to you. She is indebted to the credit card company. I expect that if she does not pay, the debt will be reported on her credit and the account will go to collections. The debt collector may sue her if she does not pay. This may result in garnishment of her wages, a levy upon her bank account, etc.

2. Carl H Starrett II

4

Answered . No.

3. James R. Andrews II

Pro

3

1

Answered . I am sorry,but to my knowledge, there is no way to assume another's credit card debt, other. You may simply choose to pay it.

4. Gary D. Bollinger

3

Answered . You wrote, " Is there a way via a Court complaint that I can assume the credit card debt releiving her of this burden[?]"

A: No.