How can I check if I have deportation on my immigration records?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

My husband applied for asylum and later added me as a beneficiary in late 90's. However, I don't think I was officially added in the file. The result of asylum was a denial and deportation. I have an alien #. How can I check my current status? Do Alien number ever expire? Thanks.
p.s. I tried checking my status on the automated machine on 800 number. My Alien number was invalid.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . First, you may try to call a USCIS toll free Status Check Line 800-898-7180 to see whether it has a record of recent action of your case. If no record, call the respective Immigration Court of your given jurisdiction, provide your A number and see whether a Final Order of Deportation has been entered. Use the link to the Department of Justice web page to find that court below:
    http://www.justice.gov/eoir/sibpages/ICadr.htm
    If no luck, retain an immigration attorney for a FOIA request and other possible remedial actions if warranted on your situation.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . If the toll free number shows no deportation, you don't remember being deported, and you received no paperwork regarding deportation, I'D have to assume you were not deported. Alien numbers do not expire, but you CAN be issued more than one by error. Call an immigration attorney ASAP.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . If you alien number was invalid, then file a Freedom of Information Act request on your alien number with both the EOIR and the USCIS/NRC. Once you have your case files, you'll be able to ascertain what has occurred in your immigration history. This is a routine and customary first step for our office as we get to know what the immigration folks know about you that you may not know.