How can I change the date of my dwi arraignment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Paul, MN

I am leaving the state to work for 3 and a 1/2 months and my arraignment date has been set for 2 days after I fly out

1. Thomas C Gallagher

4

Answered . Your lawyer should be able to help you with that. If you don't have one, you can call the court and try to change it. Be sure to prepare, serve and file a Petition for Judicial Review challenging the administrative license revocation with the 30 day time limit.

2. Michael Terrence Walters

2

Answered . You can always ask the court to reschedule a hearing. Requests are made in writing with a copy to the prosecutor.

But you face the problem that a judge would be skeptical of a three month absence and delay in a criminal case, especially if you have no lawyer. You should consult with an attorney before approaching the court by yourself.

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . I'm in complete agreement with Mr. Walters' suggestion that you enlist the assistance of legal counsel to accomplish your goal. In light of the length of the delay you are apparently interested in, I think counsel is absolutely going to be required and ti may still not work out as you wish.