Skip to main content

How can I change my son's last name?

Bowling Green, VA |
Filed under: Child support

The father makes no effort to contact him and he has stopped paying child support. He will not sign his rights away and he has a record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can petition the court to change the child's name. The father would be served with Notice, and he could appear in court and contest the name change or he may choose not to appear. If he does not object, a name change order will be entered.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended for general information purposes only.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer