How can I change my name in Los Angeles County, California?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am an adult male, wishing to change his name in the Los Angeles Country. How can I do this process myself, and how much would it cost. Also, how much would it cost to use a lawyer for said process. Thank you.

County not Country. I apologize for the error.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

2

Answered . Most people are able to petition themselves for a name change without an attorney. For instructions on how to change your name, see:

http://courts.ca.gov/1051.htm

2. Sarkis Sirmabekian

1

Answered . This requires the filing of required documents with the court, publishing your name change in a court approved publication, and appearing in court. The link to the judicial branch website provided below provides step-by-step instructions. All courts require a filing fee, unless the fee is waived, based on hardship or other justification. The filing fee for LA Superior Court is $435. Publication may run another $100. Contact a local attorney for pricing.

3. Alexander Jesus Limontes

1

Answered . I agree most States have instructions on how to change your name online. Just Google it and you should find it.