Skip to main content

How can I challenge paternity?

Los Angeles, CA |

Recently, I was served with documents from child services requesting child support payments. My girlfriend disappeared from my life few years ago and recently appeared in my life claiming that the baby is mine. I have evidence that she was dating other guys during our relationship and the baby does not look like me. What are the legal steps to challenge the paternity here in LA? Los Angeles Attorneys Please!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This does not need the response of only LA attorneys. The answer is simple. Deny paternity and request a DNA test.

  2. As Ms. Goldstein explained, a simple DNA test can confirm or deny paternity. Best of luck.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics