How can I calculate my overtime.

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

can any one tell me how can i calculate my overtime on hollidays if i work on holidays.

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

4

Answered . Overtime premiums kick in when you in excess of 8 hours in a workday or 40 hours in a workweek. It does not automatically apply if you work on a holiday unless the holiday puts you over 8 or 40,or unless that is company policy.

2. Habib Hasbini

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . First you need to your regular rate of pay (RROP) before you can calculate your overtime ("OT"). RROP is computed by taking all the compensation that you made during that week and dividing it by the total number of hours worked. The first thing is thing you need to determine is that the total compensation for the week is. The rule is that all payments of any kind, either cash or non-cash, must be included in the regular rate of pay. Generally, everything of value that the employer gives you must be included in calculating your RROP.

The next step will be determining your overtime which is 1.5 times your RROP for hours exceeding 8 hrs in one day and twice times your RROP for hours exceeding 12 hrs in one work day.

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation. http://www.sandiegoemploymentlawyer.net
  3. Marilynn Mika Spencer

1

Answered . An employee's right to overtime pay has nothing to do with whether the employee works on a holiday or not, unless the employer has a policy that requires it to pay overtime (or some kind of premium) for holiday work or there is a collective bargaining agreement (contract) between your employer and a union that requires overtime (or premium) pay for holiday work. Otherwise, you pay on a holiday is the same as it is on any other day.

An employee is entitled to overtime at 1.5 times the employee's regular pay rate for all time worked above 8 hours in one day or 40 hours in one week, and 2 times the regular rate for all time worked above 12 hours in one day.

Overtime is calculated by dividing the number of work days into the total compensation the employee receives for the week (to include any overtime), then multiplying that number by the appropriate overtime premium.