Skip to main content

How can i buy a stock for a child and how will that child get paid

Baldwin Park, CA |

like will the chld get paid every day besides the weekend or whenever

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is really more of a financial question. Can you buy stock for a child? Yes. Can you gift it to a child. Yes. How the payments work is really a question of the stock and how you purchase it. Speak with a financial advisor, tax planner, estate planner, or your cpa.

Ms. Johns can be reached at her Woodland Hills and San Diego offices at (866) 402-4038. Her email is and her office does offer free telephone consultations to Avvo askers. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This Avvo response does not otherwise create a binding attorney client fee agreement. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. For such advice, it is recommended that you consult with a tax or financial professional in that field.


I would be concerned that you do not understand how stock works. I do not know of any stock that pays daily income. Most stock does not pay a divident and those that do might pay quarterly, the annual yield could be as high as 3%. A nice present for a child might be a US Savings Bond instead.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society. International Law 24/7 hotline +1-202-318-2406 - Dr. Jonathan Levy, PhD calls or emails usually returned within 24 hours.

Hillary Johns

Hillary Johns




What you would do is open a brokerage account with a bank or brokerage firm specficially for the child. A financial planner can assist you in opening the right account to suit your needs.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

Financial markets and services topics

Recommended articles about Financial markets and services

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer