How can i bring my wife to USA?

Asked about 2 years ago - Dana Point, CA

Hi, dear,
I am green card holder for 4 years and I went to my country for months ago and I got married. I want to know that can I apply for her with my green card and active her status in order to get it faster?
Or just wait for next year to get my citizenship and then apply for her?
Thanks a lot,

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . Wait until you become a US citizen. It will be a lot faster.

2. Armen Taslakian

Answered . You wouldn't gain anything by waiting to become a US Citizen. Whether you are a Legal Permanent Resident or a US Citizen, you will submit form I-130 to petition for your spouse. If you apply now, since you're an LPR, the application will be placed in category 2A, If, during the process, you become a US Citizen, you can write to the government to move your wife from category 2A to immediate relative.

The advantage to applying now is that if there are any delays in you becoming a US Citizen, your wife's application will keep moving forward. Also, application fees are getting more and more expensive.

Hope this helps.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Mr. Shusterman is correct, file for naturalization 4 years and 9 months after you became a resident.