Skip to main content

How can I bring my handicap brother to the US, is there any type of visa he can get?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

In a US citizen living in Denver, my mother recently past away in Mexico, leaving my 57 yrs old brother, he's unable to take care of himself, I need to bring him with me, is there any way?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unfortunately not under the terms you'd like it to be. He could perhaps file for a (small) investor's visa, with an investment of $65,000+ (E-2)? or other possibilities? Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer to learn all the available options and their applicability to your and brother's situation.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You can file for him but as you may now, it would not happen that soon that he would be able to come if at all. You may try and file for humanitarian parole but I have yet to see that one granted.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I-130 which will take forever and a request for Humanitarian Parole in the interim.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law


I agree with the I-130 and humanitarian parole; however, you should have a consultation with an attorney to see whether there are more creative options.

Please note that this response for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer