How can i bring my girlfriend from Ecuador to the U.S., without getting married?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

We met in person in Ecuador, we have been together for 1 Year & 3 months. I am 21, she is 20 years old. I am a U.S. Citizen. Born and raised in New York City. I have been traveling to Ecuador often just to be with her, but i want to bring her over here, to show her the city around. We don't want to be so distant from each other, and i don't want to get married yet. Is it possible to bring over here without getting married and if so, how long would she be able to stay in the U.S.?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . Use a K-1 fiancee visa.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Can bring on a K-1 fiancée visa, can remain for up to 3 months . If you don't marry her while here, she'll have to go back.

Unlike what you might hear from other lawyers here, I do not think she's got any hope of being issued a visitor's visa. K-1 your best (and only) bet.

3. Kristina A. Gasson

2

Answered . Unless she is able to get a tourist visa, your next best option is a K-1 visa. You can apply for a K-1 fiancee visa for your girlfriend, but you will need to show that you are serious about the relationship and getting married. There is no penalty if you decide not to get married. However, f you do not get married within 90 days of her arrival, she will have to return to Ecuador and she may have a more difficult time coming back in the future.