How can I become a legal resident in the US. I live in Argentina.

Asked over 1 year ago - 11432

I would like to re-locate to New York City. I have a friend living in Queens, NY who will give me housing and help me financial until I can work legally. What are the steps needed for me to start the process for immigration.

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

Answered . That is a very vague question that prompts a long discussion. Basic answer: either family or employment immigration. In short, you need to be sponsored. For basic information on each you can look at uscis.gov

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Answered . Schedule an appointment for a consultation with an immigration attorney who can assist you in defining your plans.

3. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Answered . You need either a close relative or an offer of employment for which you qualify. There are too many variables to address your question, especially since I know nothing about you. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to review your qualifications and determine your eligibility.