How can I become a flea market vendor with a F-1 non immigrant visa?

New York, NY |

Hi to everybody. I've the possibility to receive materials from italy (cloth product) and i want to sell it in a Flea Market.
Which document I need?
I think that I have to open a Tax ID, but what else?
For example one of the most important flea market ask me for the "New York State Vendor Sales Tax ID" and for Vendor EIN. How can I get it?
Do I need also a License?

Thank you so much

You cannot work on an F-1 visa. Selling materials at a flea market would be considered employment. There is no way around this.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Also If I change my visa to B-1?

Thank you

I agree with Mr. Misiti. Living and working are grounds for deportation. It is unlikely that you would receive curricular practical training for this type of activity. You will fall out of status if you work while here on a student visa. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

An F-1 student visa does not give you work permission.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration