How can I become a flea market vendor with a F-1 non immigrant visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hi to everybody. I've the possibility to receive materials from italy (cloth product) and i want to sell it in a Flea Market.
Which document I need?
I think that I have to open a Tax ID, but what else?
For example one of the most important flea market ask me for the "New York State Vendor Sales Tax ID" and for Vendor EIN. How can I get it?
Do I need also a License?

Thank you so much

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . An F-1 student visa does not give you work permission.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

4

Answered . You cannot work on an F-1 visa. Selling materials at a flea market would be considered employment. There is no way around this.

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with Mr. Misiti. Living and working are grounds for deportation. It is unlikely that you would receive curricular practical training for this type of activity. You will fall out of status if you work while here on a student visa. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.