How can I beat a speeding ticket 22349 (b) ?

San Mateo, CA |

The fine w/ traffic school is $440. I find this outrageous , as I was on the downside of a hill and less than 15 miles over the so called posted speed limit signs. I didnt see one for miles and assumed it was 65 MPH

Is this a possible speed trap?

Before going to court consult a local traffic ticket attorney or criminal law attorney - might have a defense or at least reduce the consequences of the citation

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

2. You're not going to find out "how to beat" a ticket by asking online. You need to sit and discuss your case with an attorney. Consultations with criminal and traffic attorneys are free. You have nothing to lose.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

3. You need an attorney to deal with this ticket. It is possible that the ticket can be dismissed; reduced to to a non point moving violation - traffic school. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

4. Hire an attorney asap or fight it yourself. You have a much better chance of getting a dismissal if you hire an attorney. Good luck