How can I be released from towing, storage, etc fees for my stolen vehicle?

Asked about 2 years ago - North Hollywood, CA

My car was stolen and recovered 2/18/13. Notice was mailed 2/22/13. I do not want the vehicle. No comprehensive car insurance, so how can I be released from liability of towing, storage, etc. fees, or have them paid/waived by someone else?

1. Answered . If the car was reported stolen, and then later impounded, you should not be responsible for the towing and other fees.
    Contact the local police department. They should tell you what you need to do to get the car out.