How can I be released from towing, storage, etc fees for my stolen vehicle?

Asked about 2 years ago - North Hollywood, CA

My car was stolen and recovered 2/18/13. Notice was mailed 2/22/13. I do not want the vehicle. No comprehensive car insurance, so how can I be released from liability of towing, storage, etc. fees, or have them paid/waived by someone else?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . If the car was reported stolen, and then later impounded, you should not be responsible for the towing and other fees.
    Contact the local police department. They should tell you what you need to do to get the car out.

Related Topics

Impounded vehicle and traffic tickets

An impounded vehicle is a consequence of serious traffic offenses such as DUI. Vehicles are impounded to a holding lot or immobilized in place for a set time.

Avvo Staff

What can happen to your vehicle after DUI

The following is a guide to what happens to your vehicle immediately after your arrest, the different types of vehicles sanctions you might face after a conviction, and the long-term effect... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,549 answers this week

3,925 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,549 answers this week

3,925 attorneys answering