Skip to main content

How can i be charged with drug trafficking if they search my home and find nothing?

Portland, ME |

My house was raided as i pulled in the driveway. They searched my house and car and found nothing but $600. I was charged with class a aggravated trafficking of a schedule w drug. But they did not arrest me? How soon can I get my discovery? How much jail time am I looking at?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


no way anyone online can give you specific answers about YOUR situation without knowing ALL the facts and circumstances. Six sentences is nowhere near enough to tell you anything meaningful. Do not hesitate in hiring a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


As previously stated, more information is needed. My guess is that there had to be evidence for the police to get a search warrant for your house unless you consented to a search. It is possible you allegedly engaged in trafficking on a date different than the search. That you possible sold to a CI or undercover officer. Again, more information is need. I would urge you seek counsel as soon as possible to protect your rights.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney and have the attorney order discovery which will contain all of the evidence against you. That way you can see on what evidence they are relying.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer