How can i access my trust fund?

Barboursville, WV |

it was set for 25 years of age and i am now 21....there are 2 co-trustees. one is my brother and the other is the vice-president of the bank where the trust is held. my brother can disperse the funds to me for reasons he deems suitable but being 21 i think i should be able to make those decisions better for myself. it seems we disagree quite often on matters regarding the money and it causes me quite a lot of mental anguish discussing it with him. the case was settled when i was a minor and the former guardian ad-litem has retired. do i need to get the judge who presided over the initial hearings to appoint a new one? how would i go about doing that? are there lawyers that will help me in this type of matter without payment unless they win me full rights to the trust?

1. Most Trusts are set up this way. I set my trusts up this way. I do it for the very reason you want to change it. I would live with his help. If the money is gone it is gone. He may be helping you keep your money. I have listed some of my sites and some sites where you will find a lawyer that will do as you want.

Talk to a CFP and a lawyer