How can I get a warranty deed for a lot that was bought in 1980. We have a signed contract of deed but it is not notarized.

New Caney, TX |

We have all cancelled checks where lot was paid for but no warranty deed. Persons that it was bought from has passed away. We have been paying taxes on this lot since it was paid for. What can we do to get a warranty deed.

I suggest you contact attorney Jerel Hill in Kingwood at 281-358-3560. He will know how to draw an Affidavit to be filed in the Montgomery County land records along with a copy of your contract for deed in order to reflect your ownership of the property. Tell him that Bob Philo (Filow) sent you. He should be able to help.

Mr. Philo limits his practice to matters concerning real estate. By answering this question no attorney-client relationship is established. The answer is a general answer to the question posed and is based on the facts and circumstances stated in the question.

Recommended articles about Real estate