How can either tax recorders or social security earnings records be obtained of ex husband?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sun City, CA

The Union Trust Fund of my ex's is holding 27k that is owed to me because of a QDRO for child support. Trust fund wants proof he hasn't worked "in their industry" Since he retired. He won't co-operate. They are requiring me by means of government records to prove my case, which I cannot seem to obtain after consulting with 4 attorneys. Anyone have a solution?

1. Charles Adam Shultz

7

Answered . This is really more of a family law issue than a tax issue. I would think you might want to pursue the failure to meet the child support issue. I would think that a government agency with responsibility for enforcing support orders could assist you. You could also go back to the family law court that issued the support order to order him to cooperate and turn over the necessary documents. His tax records and social security information are private and you wont get at them without a court order.

2. Henry Daniel Lively

6

Answered . This is not a tax question, but is a family law matter. Go back to your family law attorney and have them go before the family law judge to obtain an order requiring him to cooperate.

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

7

Answered . Return to the court that entered the child support/QDRO order and move the court for an order requiring him to cooperate and prove the required information on pain of contempt punishment. The assistance of an experienced family law practitioner will almost certainly be needed.

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.