How can an illegal immigrant of 38 years become a citizen or at least legal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My friend was brought into the USA by his mother at age 5, he is still not legal.This man is now 43. He has been married to an American citizen for over 25 years and has a 22 year old daughter in collage. He has always paid his taxes, social security and such. What does he need to do to become an American citizen or at least be in our country legally?

1. Brian Rhodes

4

Answered . I would strongly recommend that your friend call an experienced immigration attorney for a consultation. More information is needed in order to determine what is the best course of action for him to obtain a lawful status. good luck.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . Because your friend has apparently been in the United States for so long, it would be very important for him to consult with an experienced immigration attorney, who should thoroughly review his entire immigration history and criminal history (if any), and to determine what is the best way forward. Best of luck.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . He might qualify for the I-601a waiver program .... consult with an attorney.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . To become a US citizen, he must first be a Lawful Permanent Resident. It seems he missed a great opportunity to gain his Green Card given his long marriage and presence in the US. have him meet with an attorney before he misses out on more opportunities.