How can an estate holder hold a distribution of funds to the heirs fo2 years after everythin g is settled on the estate

Asked 9 months ago - Raleigh, NC

judge appointed an attorney who is also county administrator and although there are no bills she states she put her check book in drawer if we call her. Estate has no other bills all paid and sold

1. Vance Tate Davis

4

Answered . I agree. There should be inventory and accounting records filed in the probate file. Based on the facts you set forth, those should show that the debts are paid or that all claims have now lapsed and are barred, so there ought not be any excuse for failing to distribute the assets in accordance with the law. Assuming this is all in fact the state of affairs, you can either file a demand on your own or hire an attorney to represent you. Hiring an attorney might very well light the fire and may not cost you the price of making a telephone call to this administrator because she will not be able to buffalo your attorney very long if there are no legitimate reasons for the delay.

2. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

5

Answered . Sounds like the beneficiaries need to get an attorney, get together, and petition the court for an accounting and request disbursements/distributions under the will/admin.

3. Kelli Lorraine Espaillat

Pro

2

Answered . I would also go look at the annual accounting records to see what remains in the estate.

4. Celia R Reed

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Zellinger. The attorney represents the estate. It's time for you to get your own attorney to move the probate forward, so that so can receive your inheritance and close the estate.