Skip to main content

How can an Asylee that went back to his original country come back to US without any problem?

Laguna Beach, CA |

This person was granted Asylum. Because of family issues he needed to go back to his original country IRAN. In his Iranian passport it states that he has permanent residency in US but we are not sure if his Asylum will be revoked since he went back to his original country.

Can he come back without any problem or will he get in trouble? ... Would it help if we would prepare his Asylee travel document and mail it to him so he can come back?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Among others issues, he will need to be prepared to explain what extraordinary circumstances required him to travel back..


If it is discovered he returned to Iran, that could cause problems with his asylum status. iIf CIS moves to terminate his asylee status he would have the right to contest that. He should be prepared to present any evidence as to why he returned.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104



Thank you so much for your fast reply, .. Blessings!

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina


You are welcome.


I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer