How can American citizen married to Canadian help them immigrate to the U.S.?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Valley Cottage, NY

I am American married to a Canadian. We live in Toronto but wish to resettle in n.y. I got Canadian citizenship as well. What is the process for him to become u.s. citizen?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Same as if you were in any other country. You file the I-130, have it approved and go through the interview at the consulate. Use the Find a Lawyer tab above to avail yourself of an option of finding an attorney you wold like to work with, contact them directly and they will assist you.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The US citizen must petition for the alien's green card. You should start the process by speaking with and retaining an immigration attorney. My firm handles such cases.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,050 answers this week

3,894 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,050 answers this week

3,894 attorneys answering