How can American citizen married to Canadian help them immigrate to the U.S.?

Valley Cottage, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I am American married to a Canadian. We live in Toronto but wish to resettle in n.y. I got Canadian citizenship as well. What is the process for him to become u.s. citizen?

Same as if you were in any other country. You file the I-130, have it approved and go through the interview at the consulate. Use the Find a Lawyer tab above to avail yourself of an option of finding an attorney you wold like to work with, contact them directly and they will assist you.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The US citizen must petition for the alien's green card. You should start the process by speaking with and retaining an immigration attorney. My firm handles such cases.
Regards,
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.