How can American citizen married to Canadian help them immigrate to the U.S.?

Asked over 1 year ago - Valley Cottage, NY

I am American married to a Canadian. We live in Toronto but wish to resettle in n.y. I got Canadian citizenship as well. What is the process for him to become u.s. citizen?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Same as if you were in any other country. You file the I-130, have it approved and go through the interview at the consulate. Use the Find a Lawyer tab above to avail yourself of an option of finding an attorney you wold like to work with, contact them directly and they will assist you.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

4

Answered . The US citizen must petition for the alien's green card. You should start the process by speaking with and retaining an immigration attorney. My firm handles such cases.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.