Skip to main content

How can a woman have her name removed from a mortgage and get visitation rights to a child that isn't hers bilogicly

Denver, CO |

she has left her boyfriend of seven years because he was unfaithful the little girl is his, however the woman and the girl have bonded over the years, its possable he isn't paying the mortgage and he isnt alowing her to see the little girl, the woman no longer lives in the house and is presently living in a family members townhouse.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A person other than a parent, who has had the physical care of a child for a period of six months or more, may seek visitation rights, if such action is commenced within six months of the termination of physical care of the child. She needs to seek legal advice immediately as there is a limited right to establish visitation, but it must be exercised no later than 6 months after care of the child ceases.
Her boyfriend would have to refinance the loan on the mortgage to remove her from liability. If she is on the title she has some bargaining power and hopefully he will refinance in return for receiving her share of the property. If there is equity in the home she may need to take legal action to have the home sold so she is released from liability on the loan and can get her share of the equity.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer