How can a prove that my childs father does not spend the custody time he currently has with our child, and wants more.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

My child's father wants more time with our child but spend the current time he has now. He leave our child with other parties and doesn't follow the current order we have in place. He wants more time he claims with are child but i feel he don't spend the time now. HELP!!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Julie Rebecca Colton


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You could ask the Court for a first right of refusal provision. This is a provision in a custody order that allows the noncustodial parent the right to watch the child before any thirds party if the custodial parent is not available. Just remember this applies to both parents.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. This Q&A forum does... more
  2. Paul Dominic Edger

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. While the Court does usually state that whatever the parents want to do with the child during their custody is up to that parent, the Court also doesn't want to give more time that would just be wasted. I would also have standard language that states if Father is unavailable for X hours, then he has to ask you first if you want custody. The Court wants to have an equal right between the parties as best as possible, and this may not solely be an issue to prevent it.

    Talk to an experienced attorney to determine the best way to amend your previous order or what is best for your child. All the best.

    My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,472 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,472 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering