How can a prove that my childs father does not spend the custody time he currently has with our child, and wants more.

Pittsburgh, PA |

My child's father wants more time with our child but spend the current time he has now. He leave our child with other parties and doesn't follow the current order we have in place. He wants more time he claims with are child but i feel he don't spend the time now. HELP!!

1. You could ask the Court for a first right of refusal provision. This is a provision in a custody order that allows the noncustodial parent the right to watch the child before any thirds party if the custodial parent is not available. Just remember this applies to both parents.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. This Q&A forum does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you have a legal concern that is important to you, I urge you to consult with an attorney. For those who are concerned about their ability to afford legal assistance, the ACBA's Lawyer Referral Service may help: http://www.acbalrs.org

2. I agree with my colleague. While the Court does usually state that whatever the parents want to do with the child during their custody is up to that parent, the Court also doesn't want to give more time that would just be wasted. I would also have standard language that states if Father is unavailable for X hours, then he has to ask you first if you want custody. The Court wants to have an equal right between the parties as best as possible, and this may not solely be an issue to prevent it.

Talk to an experienced attorney to determine the best way to amend your previous order or what is best for your child. All the best.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state

Child custody topics