How can a person fight a battery charge when she didn't do what she being accused of? when she really the victim?

Lakeland, FL |

a ex boyfriend and a friend of the ex is a woman that's gay.both as in the ex and the gay women wants to be with the woman they accused of battery, but they are the ones who jump on her and called the law stating they been jump on, the women that's being accused while they where on the phone with the law,mad her leave so she did. now the women gets a change of battery cause they plotted a lie, how can that be?

1. The state will have to prove beyond a resonable doubt that a battery occured. A qualified criminal defense attorney will be able to put forth the best possible defense.

DISCLAIMER Any information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. I invite you to contact me and I welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

2. Oftentimes due to poor police investigation the one who leaves the scene becomes the defendant. This, of course, is because the police only heard one side of the story. Proper investigation involves gathering all the facts--and this includes speaking to both parties. Unfortunately, some officers have an attitude of 'arrest first and let the court figure it out later' and this can lead to the wrong person being arrested.

The only way to fight this is to hire an attorney (or if you can't afford one to request a public defender). If your attorney investigates the situation and uncovers facts that indicate that you are innocent, and the state agrees, the charges may be dropped. If the state does not agree, your best course of action may be to proceed to trial.

In the meantime do not contact the alleged victims or speak with anyone other than your attorney about what happened. Also, do not wait too long to hire an attorney. You want to ensure that your attorney has adequate time to investigate and, if the judge allows, to do depositions (ask questions of the parties involved under oath). Good luck.

3. Victims many times can become the suspect in domestic violence with sneaky partners, who know to call 911 first and make up a story and maybe hit or scratch themselves so it appears that the aggressor is a victim. Documentation of previous incidents, aggressive and/or threatening text messages, letters, notes, etc. can be helpful to assist a criminal defense attorney and the prosecutor understand that this was a setup and that the "victim" is really the perpetrator. Hire a good criminal defense attorney. Avvo has a list of good criminal defense attorneys in your locale.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

4. Here is a link to all of the Avvo rated criminal defense attorneys practicing in 'Imperial' Polk County: http://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=✓&q=criminal+defense&loc=Polk+COunty%2C+FL&commit=Search&ref=nav_search.

Interview several and retain the one you are most comfortable with.

Sincerely,

James Regan, LL.M, Esq.
    http://www.defendme.net

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.