How can a mother get her kids back after her newborn test postitve for meth and she tested negative.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Arkansas

The mother did not know she was pregnant until she went into labor. Has had a period every month and a negative test in the last few months.
Has taken clarin d for a sinus infection. She found out her boyfriend does use meth and they have had sex will that have anything to do with it.

1. Timothy Osbern Isaac

Answered . As to whether the boyfriend using meth can somehow be transmitted to the infant before birth: Sorry, this cannot happen. Nor will taking Claritan D cause the newborn to test positive for meth. Pseudoepinephrin is transmitted to the baby in breast milk, but the American Academy of Pediatrics doesn't necessarily see a problem with this.

I don't practice this kind of law, but given the facts in the question, if I did, I'd have to ask you to consult a different attorney. Sorry.