How can a misdemeanor be turn into a felony in Baldwin county of Alabama?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bay Minette, AL

My Boyfriend is in Prison in Texas is getting sent back to Bay Minette so my question is some of his case that were considered misdemeanor however they end up to turn out to be felony but don't understand how no insurance, driving with no license and restriction end up turning up tp felony but to top it off end to owing them to great amount of money although I found on their court website the cost for each, Any Advise? Cause if its true that Alabama is grading for money just to get him back and ends up not being the case, I state this because this is not the first time they have done this.

1. Randy William Ferguson

1

Answered . Those charges cannot be upgraded to felonies. You need to get an attorney to look into charges. It is possible they had felonies with them at the time. An attorney should be able to find out without a problem.

2. Brian Joseph Lockwood

Pro

Answered . Frequently, misdemeanor offenses can be "enhanced" to felony offenses. For example, a first or second offense DUI would be a misdemeanor. However, a forth offense DUI within 5 years is, in fact, a felony. There are a number of offenses with this "enhancement" ability, e.g. possession of marijuana in the second degree, theft in the third degree, etc., etc.

Your boyfriend's best course of action would be to contact a local attorney here in Baldwin County or Mobile County, Alabama. We can look into the court records and check the online system to determine exactly what is going on. From there, an attorney can offer some guidance on how to best proceed on these Alabama charges.

Time is never on your boyfriend's side when he has been accused of a crime. He should contact counsel as soon as possible.