Skip to main content

How can a italian cloth manufacture export to ny?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Trademarks Business

I would appreciate if you can help me with following questions:

How can Italian company hire me in US to start US operations?
What should be the company structure in US?
Do they have to register the company in US?

I want to sell the product directly to a retail store and in a flea market. Thank's

Hello, we are an Italian manufacturer of leather and we have a guy who is in American territory with the visa f1. We would like to send him the material for sale in the flea market and directly in stores. How can we do? thanks

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I think you should work this through an Italian intellectual property lawyer who will consult an immigration attorney here in the US. I will add immigration to the practice area so an immigration attorney can give you some tips regarding the F1 status of your US agent.

    I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

  2. You can't as a student. The only possibility is an E-1 or E-2 visa, which requires a "substantial investment," generally an amount over $100,000 USD. The other question is why do you need this one person to do it? You can hire a US citizen or LPR.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. Hi,

    I think it might be helpful to discuss your plans over with a lawyer in more detail. As noted by immigration counsel, you need to consider the legality of your visa. You would not be able to participate in this while on a student visa.

    Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

    Best regards,
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    New York, NY
    (see Disclaimer)

    The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

  4. Contact Attorney Charles Doland [ ]. If I remember correctly he now only speaks Italian but has significant experience representing Italian companies. Good luck.

    The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics