How can a italian cloth manufacture export to ny?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I would appreciate if you can help me with following questions:

How can Italian company hire me in US to start US operations?
What should be the company structure in US?
Do they have to register the company in US?

I want to sell the product directly to a retail store and in a flea market. Thank's

Hello, we are an Italian manufacturer of leather and we have a guy who is in American territory with the visa f1. We would like to send him the material for sale in the flea market and directly in stores. How can we do? thanks

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

4

Answered . You can't as a student. The only possibility is an E-1 or E-2 visa, which requires a "substantial investment," generally an amount over $100,000 USD. The other question is why do you need this one person to do it? You can hire a US citizen or LPR.

2. Frank A. Natoli

Pro

2

Answered . Hi,

I think it might be helpful to discuss your plans over with a lawyer in more detail. As noted by immigration counsel, you need to consider the legality of your visa. You would not be able to participate in this while on a student visa.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    New York, NY
    (see Disclaimer)

3. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

3

Answered . I think you should work this through an Italian intellectual property lawyer who will consult an immigration attorney here in the US. I will add immigration to the practice area so an immigration attorney can give you some tips regarding the F1 status of your US agent.

4. Daniel Nathan Ballard

2

Answered . Contact Attorney Charles Doland [ http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/90025-ca-michael-... ]. If I remember correctly he now only speaks Italian but has significant experience representing Italian companies. Good luck.