How can a Humanitarian Parole Alien recently in removal proceeding pay child support in Connecticut ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN


I am an Alien who entered legally the U.S.A with an I-94 Humanitarian Parole.

I have a child from a previous marriage who is a U.S. Citizen

I entered a divorce agreement with my ex-wife in CT to share custody of the child, plus a weekly child support of $120 to be payed by me to Ex-wife.

Recently and 3 month before my I-94 and work authorization expired I reported to I.C.E. to renew my I-94,however, I.C.E. informed me that they no more renew I-94 and placed me in removal proceedings.

Now my work authorization expired, my I-94 and my employment.
My court is scheduled 8 month from today.
I can not pay $120 a week. What happens if my ex-wife files a complain regarding child support.? what Legal Aid available ?Can I withdraw social security?

I live away in TN.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kyndra L. Mulder

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Your wife can not force you t pay child support under the circumstances. If she is collecting the support through the state you need to contact the agency and let them know your circumstances
    You are not entitled to public assistance. However there are non profit organizations that may assist you. Contact Catholic Family Services, Lutheran Social Services, your local law school may have a clinic, Legal Aid.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are low income go here: or

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deportation process

The deportation process can be long and frustrating, but there are some important things to remember as you navigate the immigration courts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,380 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,380 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering