How can a grandparent come get a child out of another state and fight for custody if the mother and father doesnt want that?

Asked about 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

the grandmother came and got my kid and said she would bring her back now she is fighting for gaurdian ship over my daughter and the babies father and i dont want that. so how can she get gaurdianship over our dauther if we dont want that?

1. Answered . Even I could file a petition for guardianship of your child and then argue my surroundings are in his/her best interests. Not uncommon for a grandparent to do so. I encourage you to hire good counsel if you contest her actions. Good luck.